Creating a generic (template) pipeline in Azure Data Factory to send email messages with attached files from Azure Storage account
(2021-May-17) It took some time to come up with a final title for this blog post in my attempt to encapsulate its several major ideas: Azure Data Factory (ADF) pipeline, Emails with attachments from Azure Storage Account, transform this pipeline into a template that can be used multiple times.
The official Microsoft documentation on using templates in ADF development states this: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/data-factory/solution-templates-introduction, "Templates are useful when you're new to Data Factory and want to get started quickly. These templates reduce the development time for building data integration projects thereby improving developer productivity."
I also blogged about using templates in Azure Data Factory two years ago:
- Developing pipelines in Azure Data Factory using Template gallery
- Creating custom solution templates in Azure Data Factory
User story from the recent project work
- Scan File Locations (A & B) and collect filenames of all the existing files there
- Prepare a message request (Email message details, List of files) and submit it to a Logic App
- Execute Logic App to send an Email with the requested files to attach.